FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 24, 2023
Contact: John Findlay
Alex Mooney Announces Early Endorsements as Momentum Builds in Race for U.S. Senate
Releases extensive list of West Virginia conservatives voicing public support
CHARLES TOWN – Republican Congressman and U.S. Senate candidate Alex Mooney (R-WV-02) today released an extensive list of early endorsements in his bid for the United States Senate, showing increasing momentum in the race to unseat Democrat incumbent Joe Manchin in 2024.
The impressive roster of endorsements includes nearly two dozen West Virginia House of Delegates members, statewide officials, Republican party leaders, and the President of the West Virginia State Senate, all who share the goal of electing a true conservative to the U.S. Senate to represent West Virginia’s values.
“Alex Mooney is honored to have such a strong showing of support just two months after announcing his run for Senate. When this many Republican leaders step up early to make endorsements, it is proof of Alex’s unwavering conservative record and a display of confidence that he can win. Conservatives in West Virginia are tired of Joe Manchin, who has quickly become Joe Biden’s biggest supporter. Manchin doesn’t represent West Virginia conservatives. Alex Mooney does, and he has the record to prove it,” noted Mooney Campaign Manager John Findlay.
In Mooney’s previous race for Congress, he garnered an impressive list of conservative endorsements, and they are expected to continue rolling in for the Senate run. In addition to being endorsed in 2022 by President Donald Trump, Alex Mooney had the support of the Conservative Political Action Committee (CPAC), Club for Growth PAC, West Virginia Citizens Defense League, Susan B. Anthony List Candidate Fund, and the National Right to Life. He also has an A+ rating from the NRA.
“Defeating Joe Manchin will be a tall order, many have tried and previously failed. Alex Mooney is a principled conservative, proven winner with an excellent voting record, formidable fundraiser, and the ONLY one up to the task of taking on Manchin. I give my full endorsement to Alex Mooney’s run for Senate and encourage West Virginia conservatives to rally to his side,” said West Virginia Senate President Craig Blair.
The complete list of Alex Mooney’s endorsements to date is as follows:
- Craig Blair, President, West Virginia Senate
- Riley Moore, West Virginia State Treasurer
- Elias Coop-Gonzalez, West Virginia House of Delegates
- Gary Howell, West Virginia House of Delegates
- George Miller, West Virginia House of Delegates
- Eric Householder, West Virginia House of Delegates
- Bryan Ward, West Virginia House of Delegates
- Larry Kump, West Virginia House of Delegates
- Kathie Hess Crouse, West Virginia House of Delegates
- Wayne Clark, West Virginia House of Delegates
- Margitta Mazzocchi, West Virginia House of Delegates
- Mike DeVault, West Virginia House of Delegates
- Don Forsht, West Virginia House of Delegates
- Pat McGeehan, West Virginia House of Delegates
- Chris Phillips, West Virginia House of Delegates
- Alonzo Perry, President, Berkeley County Republican Club
- Robert P. George, National Conservative Thought Leader
You can learn more about Alex Mooney’s race for U.S. Senate at mooneyforwv.com.